Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols, names, images, and designs used in commerce. IP is divided into two categories: Industrial property, which includes inventions (patents), trademarks, industrial designs, and geographic indications of source; and Copyright, which includes literary and artistic works such as novels, poems and plays, films, musical works, artistic works such as drawings, paintings, photographs and sculptures, and architectural designs. Rights related to copyright include those of performing artists in their performances, producers of phonograms in their recordings, and those of broadcasters in their radio and television programs.
Experienced intellectual property law you can trust
If you are in need of legal help when it comes to intellectual property issues, turn to our attorneys for a thorough and knowledgeable counsel. From litigation and disputes, to licensing issues, we'll be there to support you with sound legal guidance.
- Our firm performs novelty searches along with preparing, filing, and dealing with design applications in the United States and abroad.
- Litigation and Disputes
- We represent clients with respect to litigation and other disputes. We carry out investigations and make judgments in infringement matters, we send complaints, cease and desist letters, and file court complaints in order to help our clients to defend their intellectual property rights. We represent clients in legal proceedings concerning infringement matters, invalidation proceedings, actions for declaratory judgments and actions for revocation of protective rights.
- We assist in license negotiations and in the drafting of license agreements of different kinds.
- Trade Secrets and Confidential Information
- We assist clients with a wide range of matters relating to the protection of trade secrets and confidential information. Our work includes the preparation and negotiation of agreements with employees restricting their employment and post-employment activities, preparation and negotiation of nondisclosure agreements, and litigation services associated with trade secret disputes.
- Foreign Attorneys and Intellectual Property Professionals
- We provide patent, trademark, and copyright services for nationals of many countries who need representation in the United States.
- General Advice
- We also give general advice and counsel in the area of intellectual property concerning e.g. advertising law, patents, trademarks, designs, company law, marketing law, copyright law, law on the right to employee's inventions, etc.